VAX 780 on eBay

W2HX w2hx at w2hx.com
Sat Jan 1 13:56:18 CST 2022

The other benefit to 3phase power to something like a computer is that the filter caps required can be much smaller. Once you rectify three phases 60* you get MUCH less ripple because every 60 degrees you have a new peak arriving. When you have a real gas (electron) guzzler like one of these, DC filtering becomes an issue.

73 Eugene W2HX
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/w2hx-channel/videos