VAX 780 on eBay

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Sat Jan 1 12:55:40 CST 2022

On 1/1/22 11:51 AM, Paul Koning via cctalk wrote:
> True.  But if you're trying to get > $5000 for something, it doesn't
> seem unreasonable to suggest that investing a bit in getting an
> extension cord run to the location of the machine would be a good idea.
> The absence of that effort makes me wonder if the owner knows what the
> outcome of such a test would be and doesn't want to have to report it.

Maybe.

But how many "one more step" tests can the seller do vs being honest and
up front.

Maybe the seller had heard about power supplies (caps) failing
spectacularly ~> catastrophically and doesn't know how nor want to do
the work to test.

What's after the "smoke test"?

Or, just call it where it is.  ;-)

--