Racking a PDP-11/24

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Sat Feb 26 14:13:53 CST 2022

> On Feb 26, 2022, at 3:05 PM, Rob Jarratt <robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com> wrote:

>> Hardware stores can fix that.  Or Brownells, where you can get really good
>> screwdrivers that are less likely to damage screw heads than standard
>> hardware store ones do.
>
> I am not in the USA, but I am should be able to look for other screwdrivers
> here in the UK. I already have one quite big one, but I think it is still
> way too small for this purpose.

Brownell's is a gunsmith supply store, but the screwdrivers I was talking about are also known as "clockmaker's screwdrivers". Either way, they have hollow-ground hardened blades rather than flat-sided bevel tips, and they come in a range of withs as well as thickness.  I use them for any situation where a good fit in the screw head is important.

For oversized screwdrivers, the ones that are sold as pry bars can serve...

	paul