Information about an unknown IC

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Thu Feb 24 12:16:51 CST 2022

Could be speaking ahead of answers here, but TI had an entire internal
PN system for their parts in the 70s (I dealt with it in 75) and they
did it to stop people from doing component level repairs on such as TI
silent 700s.  I don't think there's a common P/N part in those.

I couldn't get the internal to "real public" part number equivalency
list and I was just a wet behind the ears EE trying to maintain 40 of
them for a college, and quite pissed off that they did that. Some were
figured out but most weren't.

They wanted upwards of the value of the units for parts, and were aholes
in my book.  The Silent 700s weren't the only thing they pulled that on.

So if you have a schematic and what it came out of someone here or on a
circuits or specialized list which deals with TI shenanigans might be
able to guess what it is and what would replace it.

May not be this, someone may have a book with it in it, but I avoid TI
at all costs for this reason. Enough problems with old electronics w/o
dealing with crap like this.

thanks
Jim