Speaking of  tubes in computers.... 1st Honeywell 1000 computer used some surprise tubes!

ED SHARPE couryhouse at aol.com
Wed Feb 23 00:02:27 CST 2022

Speaking of  tubes in computers.... 1st Honeywell 1000 computer used some surprise tubes!    Imagine our surprise back then as  we unpacked our  first
group of  contributed Honeywell 1000 logic and saw....  LOCTAL TUBES! Although SMECC does not  have  a complete Honeywell
system of  this model  (CPU and  PS would  weigh in at 25,000
pounds  we have been told)  We DO possess  a wonderful
collection  of documentation, parts  and  misc.  material
related  to it, perhaps one of the best. Who else has some?

We  used  to  think our 2 inch QUAD  videotape
was a monster reel of  tape...BUT  WAIT!The First Honeywell Computer used 3 Inch Wide Tape!
It was like mounting a Volkswagen Tire Wheel
onto your computer tape drive! Channels or tracks on the tape... 31 Channels  ALWAYS LOOKING  FOR MORE RELATED TO THIS COMPUTER!  See more info on this computer at:
http://www.smecc.org/honeywell_datamatic_1000.htm
drop me a note at  couryhouse at aol.com