Seeking paper tape punch

John Foust jfoust at threedee.com
Tue Feb 22 08:58:14 CST 2022

At 08:24 PM 2/21/2022, Steve Malikoff via cctalk wrote:
>Consumer-grade CNC stencil cutters are fine at cutting plastic sheet and should be ok with film stock.
>My ptap2dxf (latest version 1.3) will produce output to cut tapes for ...

Meaning the Cricut kind of device?  Clever!  So it works for
short sections?

Has anyone ever made a Cricut style cutter that has a continuous feed
of tape?

Why did you pick AutoCAD DXF as compared to Adobe Illustrator?

At 07:02 PM 2/21/2022, Paul Koning via cctalk wrote:
>I understand there is a group called "Green keys" -- ham radio operators who use old "teletype" machines -- which in that community means wny sort of keyboard telex-type machine, not necessarily made by Teletype Co. though US ones often are.  5  bit machines are common in that crowd, some 8 bit machines also appear.  I haven't participated, but I would think that you might find pointers to options there.

GreenKeys mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/greenkeys
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:GreenKeys at mailman.qth.net

They can be very helpful.  They tend to focus on other non-33 teletypes.
The list can be a good place to find out about people selling or giving
away equipment, though.

The collectors of the heavy, older, machined teletypes tend to shake
their heads at the high prices and popularity of the light-duty
cheaper punched-metal 33s.

You might find someone giving away a bulky heavy ASR 28 that
handles 5-level tape...

https://www.telegramcableco.com/teletype-model-28-asr.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teletype_Model_28

Less common to find them giving away a 33 because the computer nuts
will pay $xxx to $x,xxx for them.

- John