Is The M9312 Boot Module Essential?

Chris Zach cz at alembic.crystel.com
Sat Feb 19 11:06:17 CST 2022

Speaking of which, what does the console rom "DO"? Is it like the
interactive boot from a pdp11/23+ or better where you can type in the
device name, run little memory diagnostics and such?

I recall that with the real boot chips on a unibus 11/34 you could just
jump to the location of the ROM and the CPU would start right up
unprompted.