cleaning up edge connectors

Jonathan Chapman lists at glitchwrks.com
Thu Apr 28 17:33:19 CDT 2022

If there's bad/deep corrosion, I hit it with the ink eraser (I have a bunch of Eberhard-Faber ones that look like a wooden pencil, you sharpen them like a pencil too). If that won't touch it, I use the stainless steel toothbrush.

Corey Cohen has some plating solution that you dip a pen in, intended for jewelry repair. The plating does not hold up well over copper, you need a layer of nickel over the copper first. So, if you're removing down to the copper, you'll have to find a way to put nickel on first.

Thanks,
Jonathan