PCI floppy controller

Charles Dickman chd at chdickman.com
Thu Apr 21 20:23:26 CDT 2022

On Thu, Apr 21, 2022 at 8:30 PM Mike Loewen via cctalk <
cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Apr 2022, Charles Dickman via cctalk wrote:
> > I am trying to outfit a computer for the long haul that can run a bunch
> of
> > older software in virtual machines and do things like duplicate floppies
> in
> > different formats. The motherboard I have supports all the formats I have
> > tried, but only supports one drive. It also only has PCI and PCIe slots.
>
>     You might consider going with a different (older) motherboard with a
> floppy
> controller that supports

I thought about that too, but I'm trying to stick with the hardware that I
have. It is an ASUS board and an AMD Phenom II X955 processor. I have found
a sweet spot between the Ubuntu version, kernel version and VMWARE version
that run my virtual machines.

> Mike Loewen                             mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us
> Old Technology                          http://q7.neurotica.com/Oldtech/

-chuck