idea for a universal disk interface

Guy Sotomayor ggs at shiresoft.com
Wed Apr 20 14:35:05 CDT 2022

I'm using Zynq SOMs (System on a module) that will plug into a "base
board" (with hilrose connectors).  It is the base board that will have
the "personality" of the emulator.  The baseboard will be fairly simple
(level shifters, a small bit of logic and the drive interface
transceivers).  So the base board is fairly simple (I think I have an
early version in KiCAD...but it needs updating).

I'm trying to use as much as I can from the free libraries so I'm trying
to keep stuff as simple as possible from a logic design perspective.
Since I already have everything (in multiples) except for the base
board, the cost to me is time at this point (which I don't have a lot of
at the moment).

I also didn't want to get into doing any design with BGAs (at least
where I need to worry about it) hence the decision to go with SOMs.
With those, the SOM has the Zynq FPGA, flash, DRAM, etc (including the
critical VRs and clocks).  All I need to provide is 3.3v.  ;-)

I should be able to dig up the docs.  Many are already on bitsavers.
Let me know what you can't find on Bitsavers.

TTFN - Guy

--
TTFN - Guy