AlphaServer 2100s available

Lee Courtney leec2124 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 20:49:36 CDT 2022

There are still HP3000 systems being used in business critical functions,
12(?) years after the HP end-of-life date (no manufacturing or support)
for the product line. (From a business continuity perspective that's
insane.) Hardware support is not based on new manufacturer parts with
warranty, but cannibalization from existing systems. And in that phase of
the life cycle cannibalization leads to to fewer and fewer sources of
parts, and increased prices. Until the point where the market has moved off
of the hardware, for example onto Windows or emulation, and the commercial
market collapses.

Lee Courtney

--
Lee Courtney