Advice on Desoldering an IC

Martin Bishop mjd.bishop at emeritus-solutions.com
Fri Apr 15 16:52:18 CDT 2022

If the Klein cutters are too bulky, you may care to investigate.

Lindstrom 7191 https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/cutters/3320341 are the usu first resort small cutters - they should be fine enough for 0.1" pitch ICs.

A finer pair are Bondline 1570 https://www.bondline.co.uk/product/hand-tools-and-tweezers/esd-cutters/c1570 definitely fine enough for 0.1" IC legs (just put them to an IC), and probably 50 mil packages.

And for a compact pair of 45 deg pin croppers Bondline C1582 https://www.bondline.co.uk/product/hand-tools-and-tweezers/esd-cutters/c1582

HtH; BR  Martin