anyone ever connect a TU58 drive to a PDT-11/150 terminal port?

Lee Gleason lee.gleason at comcast.net
Fri Apr 15 14:48:57 CDT 2022

   I've been tinkering with a PDT-11/150 lately. It's a little
inconvenient to work on, since it doesn't have a simple way to transfer
files back and forth (KRTMIN doesn't work when transferring files to the
box, just from the box, for some reason I haven't been able to puzzle
out, and pasting text into a KED screen or a PIP command usually
overflows my terminal emulator).

   It occurred to me that the first application terminal line on the 150
is at 176500,300, the same as the default for a TU58's DL11. It's a very
DL11 like interface, register wise. I'm wondering, if I could hook up a
TU58 emulator and use it to move data back and forth to the 150.

   Has anyone had occasion to try this? Any advice on how to get it to
go would  be appreciated, since I know very little about RT11.

--
Lee K. Gleason N5ZMR
Control-G Consultants
lee.gleason at comcast.net