Retro networking / WAN communities

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Mon Apr 11 17:39:53 CDT 2022

On 4/11/22 1:59 PM, Lars Brinkhoff via cctalk wrote:
> For your consideration:
>
> - Arpanet (NCP)

Is that "NCP" the same NCP that's in ancient BSDs?  Or is it a term
collision?

> - Tymnet

I think of Tymnet as a service and not as much as a protocol.  Though
maybe it implies a protocol and I'm unaware of it.

> - Chaosnet

Ya.  Isn't Chaosnet mostly used in LISP machines?  --  This seems fairly
far afield for my interest.

> - PUP

Maybe.  It also seems fairly afar afield for what I can get my hands on
and / or emulate.

> - UUCP

There.  Ding that.

I'm even pontificating a custom UUCP configuration that is specific to
my user.  As in /not/ a system wide version.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die