Possibly going up to VCF, stuff I would like to sell/get to proper people pdp8/12/HP stuff

Chris Zach cz at alembic.crystel.com
Mon Apr 11 07:43:11 CDT 2022

On 4/10/2022 6:05 PM, Ethan Dicks wrote:
> Totally unrelated event.

Ok. Does TCF still happen?

> Yes.  There's a "consignment room" and you leave your stuff with
> labels and prices and there are volunteers staffing it to collect
> money and record sales, etc.  There's a house cut (but I am unsure how
> much it is so I don't want to just guess).

15% sounds about Ebay amount and it's going to a good cause. I'll see
about showing up late Saturday morning with some stuff.

>> Big box of pdp12 schematics. This came from my olden days when I had to
>> turn up a pdp12 because it will not fit in a station wagon. Still it
>> looks like board locations and a lot of 12 stuff. Big box, heavy to
>> ship, easier to drive over.
>>
>> Ton of pdp8/12 IO cables. These are the black circular wire ones, I
>> think negibus.
>
> There's definitely some discussion going on about those.  They are
> desired by 12-bit folks.

*nod* To me classic computer stuff falls into two categories. There is
stuff that is common so you sell it for a reasonable price or trade it
or whatnot on Ebay/whatever. Q bus boards, systems, normal pdp11's,
stuff like that. You just either sell it on Ebay (whatever) or give it
to someone for a minimal cost of shipping and handling who has a system
and really needs it (think 11/24 CPU boards)

Then there is the stuff that is "priceless" and goes for stupid amounts
the few times they are on Ebay. This is stuff like IO cables, Perqs, old
peripherals, and the like. To me these are things that can get someone
with an old system up and running so they are beyond "value". Which
means I give them away or trade em but only to people who can actually
use them and make their old systems better.

The IO cables fall into the latter category. So what's the best way to
have them find a home with a person who will use them and not just
another trophy in a box of parts or an exhibit in some museum?

CZ