Dialcom, Telenet and The Source was Re: restoring a Silent 700 Model 765

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Sun Apr 10 18:31:44 CDT 2022

>>> 301 24 CONNECTED
>>> DIALCOM NETWORK SYSTEM 10
>>>
>> Please do scan these! It is hard as hell getting info on The Source
>> and also on Dialcom!
>
> Yes, I definitely plan to transcribe them. There is potentially some
> copyrighted material here but I think I can just excerpt that and still include
> all the rest of the login process, etc.
>
> Still, would be nice to get the terminal itself working and see what's in the
> ASR's bubble memory, assuming that's still operational, so any ideas people
> have would be appreciated.

I've now transcribed the teletype transcripts and included some scans from the
manual, including a nice picture from InfoWorld in 1984 of the Prime hardware.

https://oldvcr.blogspot.com/2022/04/tonight-were-gonna-log-on-like-its-1979.html

-- Humor is a drug which it's the fashion to abuse. -- William Gilbert --------