Looking For HP-UX 5.1 9000/200 Series Kernel Disk

TangentDelta tangentdelta at protonmail.com
Sun Apr 3 18:29:40 CDT 2022

Hello.

I have an HP 9000/217 (9817) machine that I'd like to install HP-UX 5.1 onto. In order to do this, I need to find the boot disk containing the correct kernel, which has the part number "A98680B", and is described as "Multi-user kernel for S200". Alternatively, I could run just the single-user version of HP-UX 5.1, which has the part number of "A98670B". The disk images for HP-UX 5.1 on bitsavers.org and hpmuseum.net do not have this disk.

I found these numbers in the HP-UX administrator manual. Page 370 lists the kernel disks and their contents.
http://bitsavers.org/pdf/hp/9000_hpux/1985/97033-90049_HP-UX_System_Administrator_Manual_for_HP_9000_200_300_Computers_Dec1985.pdf

If anyone can point me in the right direction, it'd be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.