Intersil Eprom 66S018? (IM6653?)

Holm Tiffe holm at freibergnet.de
Mon Oct 18 04:01:23 CDT 2021

I have an old german PLC on the desk that I need to repair,
it is an Eberle PLS511, build out of a 1Bit CPU build out of 4xxx CMOS
Logic.
I do have two slightly different units, one is equipped with 3 pcs
66S018 Eproms from Intersilm DC is 8319.
I'm unable to find a datasheet for that device but I thin it is
compatible to the old Intersil IM6653 1024x4 Bit Eprom to build the
wordlength of 12 Bits out of 3 Roms..
There is a different memory Card equipped with 2 27C04, the jumpers are
configured for a 2K Rom type..and it seems that the 27C064 ar only
installed because of the CMOS Power consumption..

Can someone plase confirm that the 6653 is compatible to the 66S018
which may be a military variant?
Is there a datasheet perferably including the description of the
programming algorithm?

Thanks in Advance,

Holm

         Goethestrasse 15, 09569 Oederan, USt-Id: DE253710583
info at tsht.de Fax +49 37292 709779 Tel +49 37292 709778 Mobil: 0172 8790 741