Looking for Delphi software "Diag Tool"

Charles charlesmorris800 at centurytel.net
Thu Oct 7 11:34:25 CDT 2021

I have a 150cc scooter with a LiteOn MC21 fuel injection ECU that is
malfunctioning. My search for a replacement brain has been unsuccessful.
LiteOn became Delphi which is now part of Borg Warner and I don't see
anything for download (or even purchase).

All I've been able to find online is the "Delphi Small Engine Management
System Service Manual" from 2008, which refers to an apparently
Windows-based program referred to only as "DIAG TOOL". It can display
running engine parameters and malfunction codes, although it does not
appear to be capable of reflashing the ECU.

I'm waiting for a connector kit to come from Amazon (probably via China)
so I can rig it up on the bench with simulated inputs. The unit is
potted in silicone rubber which will be a PITA to remove. I found this
Ukranian site where a member had the fuel injector driver transistor
fail (in his case, shorted) -
http://geon-club.com.ua/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5735
<http://geon-club.com.ua/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5735>

If that's my problem it's failed open, but I'm not going to mutilate the
box until I get it powered up on the bench...

Any help with anything relating to the MC21 EFI would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks!