Shiner ESB Apple Network Server prototype

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Mon Oct 4 15:05:06 CDT 2021

> > https://oldvcr.blogspot.com/2021/10/shiner-esb-apple-network-server.html
> > http://www.floodgap.com/retrobits/ans/esb/
>
> "Were you a Shiner designer? "
>
> That would be Dennis Yarak. Dennis went to portables from the server group
> and was project lead on the G4 powerbooks.

Is he around here?

> Bit puzzled when you say the server group was in Austin.
> Shiner started out in Cupertino in the N&C group in DeAnza 3.
> I was involved in early development when all of the AIX/Netware/Pink
> stuff was going on with it.

*Somebody* was in Austin, though (for one thing, I don't know how it would
have acquired its code name otherwise - no one knows what Shiner beer is out
in California). There was these mentions as well:

	https://www.applefritter.com/node/538
	http://www.ydl.net/board/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8251#p42600

Was Brinton Baker in Cupertino, or Austin? Maybe started in Cupertino and
moved over?

-- If you cannot convince them, confuse them. -- Harry S Truman ---------------