MD5 list of bitsavers files

Antonio Carlini a.carlini at ntlworld.com
Sat Oct 2 08:38:58 CDT 2021

On 01/10/2021 08:36, Paul Flo Williams wrote:

> https://vt100.net/manx/assets/2021-10-01-bitsavers-dec.md5
>
> Paul

Thanks for that. It turns out that some of the bitsavers files have
changed since I picked them up (perhaps to add OCR of similar). (I also
got further data from Richard via email, which showed the same issue).

So I've had to do some other surgery to hone down the list of files.

The total number of files that seem to be unique and unpublished is just
under 2000. About 950 of those are original PDFs of
manuals/specs/whatever (not scans) that I picked up while working at DEC.

The rest either I've scanned, or I've found lying around on the internet
somewhere.

That's rather a large amount to dump on Al without providing some
metadata. I think for most of them I can dig up a title. So I could
provide an index file to link the filepath and title, something like:

0002/MANUALS/EK/XMIADHB.PDF: "XMI Adapters Handbook"

Would that help, or is there more that I might be able to provide?

Antonio

--
Antonio Carlini
antonio at acarlini.com