ISO M100, M102, M633 flip chips for DEC TC08N controller

Joshua Rice rice43 at btinternet.com
Fri Oct 1 03:09:04 CDT 2021

------ Original Message ------
From: "Josh Dersch via cctech" <cctech at classiccmp.org>
To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts"
<cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Sent: Friday, 1 Oct, 2021 At 08:33
Subject: ISO M100, M102, M633 flip chips for DEC TC08N controller
Hey all --
I have a TC08 DECtape controller that I'd like to convert to a TC08N
(the
negibus version of the TC08). If I'm reading the documentation right,
this
involves swapping in a few flip chips -- M100 for the installed M101,
M102
for M103, and M633 for M623.
If anyone has any of these, please drop me a line. Curious also if
anyone
out there has done this conversion and can comment on whether my
assessment
is correct...
Thanks!
- Josh

I might be preaching to the choir here, but if you can't find originals,
this website is an absolute goldmine for flip-chip schematics. If you
can find the components (or modern equivalents) it might be worth making
your own.

https://so-much-stuff.com/pdp8/flipchip/Mxxx.htm
<https://so-much-stuff.com/pdp8/flipchip/Mxxx.htm>

Josh Rice