PDP-11/70 Boards

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Tue Nov 30 15:24:26 CST 2021

On 11/30/2021 2:04 PM, Fritz Mueller via cctalk wrote:

>> On 11/30/21 10:06 AM, Noel Chiappa via cctalk wrote:
>>  From the blog of someone who got a KB11-A working, you'll really need KM11
>> cards...
>
>> On Nov 30, 2021, at 10:59 AM, Guy Sotomayor via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>> I do still have KM11 boards and some overlays (I'd have to check to see if I have the appropriate overlays for the 11/70).  I don't unfortunately have any light masks or full kits.
>
> I built mine from a layout on Tom Uban’s site: http://www.ubanproductions.com/museum.html <http://www.ubanproductions.com/museum.html>.  I have found the single long board form factor convenient, but they don’t have nice light dividers and overlays like Guy’s.
>
> Agreed that at least one of these, as well as a hex extender card, are absolutely essential if you need to debug CPU/MMU/FPU cards (which, given their age, is nearly guaranteed unless you are getting them pre-checked/repaired from another restorer.)
>
>       —FritzM.

Did you use that directly with ExpressPCB and order from ExpressPCB or
did you convert to more standard gerbers?  (This thread has me
motiviated to maybe get my 11/45 running again next year, and verify or
fix my FP11-C)

[Note,  I have also been corresponding with the OP on purchase of my 4
"spare" boards for an FP11-C]

JRJ