Micro Technology Board Info

Zane Healy healyzh at avanthar.com
Sat Nov 27 16:50:10 CST 2021

On Nov 27, 2021, at 2:39 PM, Josh Dersch via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 27, 2021 at 12:53 PM Jerry Wright via cctalk <
> cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
>> Have this board here, but can't find any Info on it.
>> Says Neptune board on the silkscreen, tag say model MSD138 T devDates are
>> about 1990 to 1992.
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/uu8x7bc5a08jw90/IMG_2200.jpg?dl=0
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8z542sdnusjpqa/IMG_2201.jpg?dl=0
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/xql6w5zhiismbel/IMG_2199.jpg?dl=0
>

> I believe that's an SDI to ESDI bridge.  I have an enclosure marked "MTI
> MDI 240" on it that contains two of those, along with four ESDI disks, with
> SDI connectors on the rear.
>
> - Josh

That makes sense, I was thinking a drive bridge of some sort.  Didn’t they also make SCSI to ESDI bridge?  I think my first ESDI drive came out of an old Sun enclosure with one (I only took the drive).  I miss the good old days of scrounging.  We had a guy that was an Apartment Manager in the area, that was also doing scrapping, and I’d buy parts and systems off of him.

Zane