The precarious state of classic software and hardware preservation

Jacob Ritorto jacob.ritorto at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 12:38:30 CST 2021

How about all members here buy some big disks and take part in a number of curated torrents?  Publicize torrent health so it’s highly visible. Organize custodians (preferably using folks who are already doing an excellent job). Cost of access to the archives is that the prospective user can evidence that he’s helping sustain the collection. Sure there are holes in this plan. But it’d be a good actionable  start while we’re on the topic and it can be adjusted.