TI-99/4a Monitor power cord

David Williams nospam212-cctalk at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 6 13:54:57 CDT 2021

On 11/6/2021 1:10 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
> Heptane (sold under the name "Bestine") works wel and won't affect
> plastics.   Bestine is mostly known to stamp collector s who use it to
> remove adhesive from stamps without damaging them.  Bestine is also
> useful for removing really stubborn deposits from tape and disk heads.
>
> You can expect that eventually, the jacket on the cord will begin
> cracking as the loss of plasticizer progresses.
>
> A somewhat more pragmatic approach, short of replacement, is to encase
> the the cord in split wire loom.   Looks a little clumsy, but will keep
> the sticky stuff from fouling anything else.

Yeah I figured cleaning of one sort or another would only delay the
inevitable. I can open it up and look at the cord attachment but thought
I'd see if anyone knew or had anything showing it before I went to that
trouble. My other thought was I have various cable wrap that I could
encase it in as a quick easy way to deal with it.

Thanks.
David Williams
www.trailingedge.com