Zorba owners/Help diagnosing display issues

Bill Degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 18:51:26 CDT 2021

I suppose the first thing you need is the schematics for the Zorba, anyone
have this?

Do you have a volt meter with an ESR setting?  There are caps in the
display controller board, but not too many that often are used to control
the wobble and hotiz/vert behind the potentiometers.  Start with an
inspection of these caps.  You should test them and replace the bad ones.
Also test caps near the voltage regulators and coming from the main power
connector.  It's a bit of a shotgun approach, but if you test after each
change you might get lucky and the display will stabilize without having to
make too many repairs.  You could stop at that point until something
happens again.  Keep a record of which caps you replaced.    It could be
something other than a cap.   voltage regulators go too, but as you
describe the symptoms I would bet there is a bad cap in the display
controller board.

If the system does not work at all it could be a power supply problem.

Bill