SQ703/6 conversion and a little fun

Zane Healy healyzh at avanthar.com
Tue Nov 2 09:26:06 CDT 2021

I should have realized that it was Dilog.  Interesting, I wasn’t aware that was due to Royalty payments that you had to choose between  Tape, Disk, or Disk/Tape.  That makes perfect sense.  I can’t speak for Dilog, my experience is with the Viking boards (I forget how many names they were sold under).

With the Viking (Unibus and Q-Bus), you need the correct PAL, the correct EPROM, and you need the correct cab-kit that lets you log into the controller and flip a couple bits.

I need to work on a power-supply or two for my PDP-11’s.  I don’t really feel like letting the magic smoke out on my BA23 or BA123.

Zane