Terminal Emulator for Android

David Brownlee abs at absd.org
Mon Nov 1 18:21:23 CDT 2021

On Sun, 31 Oct 2021, 20:37 Chuck Guzis via cctalk,
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> On 10/31/21 1:06 PM, Douglas Taylor via cctalk wrote:
> > I would like to use my tablet, Samsung Tab E model SM-T560NU, to connect
> > to my VAX and Linux computers.  There seem to be a large number of
> > 'Apps' out there.  What is a good one to use?
> >
> > The VAX doesn't have SSH only insecure TELNET.  Another can of worms,
> > SSH on the Vax?
>
> You might do what I do--isolate your vintage/old machines on their own
> sub-net with no connection to the outside.  It's not as if you'll do web
> browsing on the VAX, after all.

Was always a fan of links for web browsing on my VAXstation 90, I
think I never got anything bigger than dillo or netsurf to run
natively. Of course it also made a workable X display for Firefox from
a bigger machine :-p. (this was not under VMS tho')

As others have said JuiceSSH supports telnet which should be fine for
VMS and ssh or even mosh for Linux or other 'nixes