Overclocked TI Silent 703 at 1200 bauds?

James B DiGriz jbdigriz at dragonsweb.org
Mon Nov 1 11:03:02 CDT 2021

On Mon, 1 Nov 2021 01:05:45 -0700
Curious Marc via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> Yes, I have ruined a few printouts using the isopropanol method ;-) .
> On that subject, can anyone recommend a source for the thermal paper
> used in the Silent? Marc

I found this link:

https://www.adorablesupply.com/items/marine~navtex-recording-rolls/texas-instrument-thermal-printer-rolls-fax-ti-sln700-1-copy-1-detail.htm

Old school TI vendors and repair services like
https://www.omnidatasys.net/ or https://www.fastprinters.com/ might be
able to refer you to a supplier if they don't still have the paper.

If you measure the guide pins or the inner ID if you have a roll, if
it's 1/2 inch, fax printer or Brother PocketJet rolls might work in a
pinch.

TI part numbers for the 100' roll is 0972603-0001, non-perforated,
0999415-0001 perforated.