How to read Osborne 1 Floppies?

Zane Healy healyzh at avanthar.com
Tue May 25 12:37:03 CDT 2021

Yes, we need to be able to access the files.

I’m going to see if my old 486 will still boot up, I know I used to use it with imaging RX50 floppies.  I’m not an x86 collector, so have a pretty limited selection of PC Hardware.  I’m on my Sabbatical right now, so this request came in at a good time.  Though first I have to finish up on some VAX and Alpha systems I’m working on, so as to free up space.  That or finish a cleaning project in my office. :-) The cleaning project is needed to finish the VAX/Alpha projects…

Is there any chances of reading these with Commodore 128 running CP/M, or a Kaypro 2?  The Kaypro is definitely on my “project list”, it worked last time I played with it.  I *might* have a DEC Rainbow, or I might have given it away.  If I do, I have no idea of its condition.  An Apple //e would be another old system with 5.25” drives, but seems more unlikely.  I might still have an old Kaypro PC, though it hasn’t been used since ’94 (and there is a good chance it went to LCM).

My focus is DEC and Commodore, though I do have a lot of Apple // gear.

Zane