SCSI2SD

emanuel stiebler emu at e-bbes.com
Sun May 23 12:42:16 CDT 2021

On 2021-05-21 16:41, Zane Healy via cctalk wrote:
> Does anyone have experience using a SCSI2SD board to replace a Hard Drive on a VAXstation or an AlphaStation?  I’m thinking about using them on some of my systems to reduce the amount of noise.

Yes, I'm using the on my 4000/90's ...

Get nice SD cards, and big ones too. And format the first partion to be
less than 1GB. So you can simply "dd" ISO images for install there ...

> I’ve gotten used to a quiet office. :-)

Now you will have to climb under the desk to check if it runs. With the
rotating rust, it wasn't necessary, you knew all the time ;-)