SCSI2SD

John H. Reinhardt johnhreinhardt at thereinhardts.org
Fri May 21 19:15:48 CDT 2021

On 5/21/2021 3:41 PM, Zane Healy via cctalk wrote:
> Does anyone have experience using a SCSI2SD board to replace a Hard Drive on a VAXstation or an AlphaStation?  I’m thinking about using them on some of my systems to reduce the amount of noise.  I’ve gotten used to a quiet office. :-)
>
> Zane

I've got a SCSI2SD V5 in my MicroVAX 3100 M95. It sits on the SCSI bus along with the CDrom drive and a couple of 18GB Compaq/Seagate drives.  I've also got a SCSI2SD V6 in each of my two AlphaSever DS10 systems.  I had a few issues with the MV and an earlier version of the V5 firmware, but the last few versions have been no trouble at all.

In the MV3100 I mounted the SCSI2SD on a 3.5" 3-D printed mount which is mounted on a 3.5" to 5.25" mount and it's mounted in the front opening next to the CDROM drive.

In the DS10's the 3.5" 3-D printed mount is put in the floppy opening.

--
John H. Reinhardt
   PRRT&HS  #8909