Melted computer feet

steven at malikoff.com steven at malikoff.com
Wed May 19 21:33:19 CDT 2021

Zane said
> Is there any recommended method for cleaning up melted “rubber” feet on a plastic case?
>
> I’m trying to determine if I can revive the VAXstation 4000/90 I received from a list member, back around 1998 (it’s never worked).  When I pulled it out, I discovered that its feet have melted, and I’m assuming probably made a mess on the disk enclosure for my VAXstation 3100 that it was on
top of.

Owing to it's common availability where I am, I use Double-D Eucalyptus Oil for that sort of cleaning task.
It can be diluted with water as it's fairly strong. Once I used it full-strength on a tissue to clean the
price label goo off CD jewel cases and it fogged the clear plastic a tiny bit, but after dilution it was fine.

Steve