Looking for VAXSET Software Engineering Tools for VMS 4.x

Malte Dehling mdehling at gmail.com
Mon May 17 15:54:39 CDT 2021

On Mon, May 17, 2021 at 12:46:31PM -0700, Zane Healy wrote:
> > On May 16, 2021, at 5:51 AM, Malte Dehling via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> > I have now generated a contents listing for the CONOLD CDs:
> >
> > https://archive.org/details/vms-conold-1989-03
> > https://archive.org/details/vms-conold-1989-07
>
> Did you read these on a VAX?  I’m trying to use MGBOOK (based on
> VTBOOK), to read the files from
> CDROM-AG-NC67C-RE-1989-07-VMS-CONOLD.iso.  I’m on a system running
> VAX/VMS 5.5-2, and I am able to read the DECW$BOOKSHELF files, but not
> the DECW$BOOK files.
>
> I’m able to read the Bookreader documentation installed with VAX/VMS
> 5.5-2 just fine using MGBOOK.

I just did a TYPE *.DECW$BOOKSHELF in a simulated vax and wrote a little
python script to generate the contents listing.

I don't know MGBOOK, so I can't help you there.  On my VAXstation 3100
running VMS 5.5-2, I can read the documentation using the standard
DECW$BOOKREADER application after doing:

	DEFINE/SYSTEM DECW$BOOK DKA400:[DECW$BOOK]

Cheers,
Malte

--
Malte Dehling