DEC PDP-8/e Omnibus backplane lubrication

dwight dkelvey at hotmail.com
Tue May 11 20:35:01 CDT 2021

We used to use DC #4.
As an example, I had a ZX81. I added a RAM pack and had to be real careful about wiggling or moving the AX81. I put DC #4 on the pins. One could drop the computer with the RAM attached and it wouldn't lose a bit.
I don't like deox as it has chemical actions that continue over time.
DC #4 is totally inactive, although, it does leave a film of the filler over years after the silicon oil evaporates but is not that hard to clean.
Dwight