DEC PDP-8/e Omnibus backplane lubrication

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Tue May 11 18:06:33 CDT 2021

On Tue, 11 May 2021, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:
> https://www.hagensieker.com/wordpress/2018/06/18/deoxit-what-is-it-what-isnt-it/
> and Ben synthesizes some corrosion inhibitor
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpRrP3sqQLw

OK, so chemically, it's mostly lighter fluid, which does work well for
such things.

(-: But, surely, any good alchemist could come up with a spray that would
turn lead solder into gold.  And liberally spraying that through the vent
slots and speaker grill of my childhood portable record player should make
it sound as good as I remember it sounding when I was 8 years old.  Just
using a gold power cord wasn't enough.  And WD-40 also wasn't enough.
"Witchdoctor", "Purple People Eater", "Nash Rambler", "You Ain't Nothin'
But A Hounddog" deserve the best sound quality possible!  :-)