Apple II PSU

dwight dkelvey at hotmail.com
Tue May 11 09:59:37 CDT 2021

The rivets are likely more of a safety thing than an issue warrantee repair thing. The inside of a Apple II is intended to have user access. The switching supply has 300 to 400V DC inside. Definitely a potential lethal hazard.
I hate those filter caps. I had one go at the last Maker Faire ( no more 🙁 ). I was trying out the Oregon trail when the nasty smoke started pouring out. Luckily we had a drill handy to remove the rivets.
Dwight