Documentation for F11 Chipset?

Bjoren Davis bdweb at mindspring.com
Mon May 3 14:44:59 CDT 2021

Hello Paul and Rob,

The next thing I did was to hook up a logic analyzer to the address
lines on the ROM.  This told me how far I got with the boot sequence
before it restarted.

I disassembled the ROM and have some portions of it semi-decoded so that
may be helpful.  If you like I can send you the text file I have.

Another helpful thing for me was to take the Xhomer emulator
https://xhomer.isani.org/xhomer/ and instrument it to give me a "good"
ROM boot sequence (correlated nicely with device accesses) and compare
that with what I saw with my logic analyzer.

That's how I figured out my ROM was failing to see an interrupt from the
EPCI (I think the ROM was running the EPCI in loopback mode) and so it
was resetting.

I have to say: the POST on the PC3XX is impressively thorough, but the
mechanism for reporting failures is absolutely atrocious (4 LEDs and, if
you're lucky, a cryptic octal error code on the screen).

I do have a functional 350 that I can instrument, so let me know if I
can help.

--Bjoren