Hard To Believe This Person Is Serious

Tony Duell ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 16:35:45 CDT 2021

On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 6:22 PM Fred Cisin via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> "UNTESTED" used to mean that it hadn't been tried out.
> Now, it means that the technician was unable to repair it.

And 'TESTED' does not mean 'working'. If I power up a hard drive and
it sounds like a cat fed backwards through a lawnmower (aka a
headcrash) then I've 'tested' it. OK, it has failed the test in terms
of working, but....

30-odd years ago there was a chap at a radio rally (much the same as a
hamfest) with 2 piles of PC-type hard drives. One was 'tested and
working'. The other was 'untested'. What's the betting that most, if
not all, of the latter did not work?

-tony