DEC Professional: software and docs for CP/M and PC-Bridge boards

Bjoren Davis bdweb at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 15 09:47:07 CDT 2021

I have two oddball CTI boards for my DEC Professional: a DEC-made CP/M
board (P/N 54-15641) and a board labelled "VIRTUAL MICROSYSTEMS PRO BD.
REV 1" which appears to be an x86 MS-DOS board (it contains an 8086, a
video controller and a bunch of RAM).

I've managed to get them both functional, I believe, but I don't have
software or documentation for either.

I did find the RCS/RI diskettes at
https://web.archive.org/web/20040113090630/http://starfish.rcsri.org/rcs/pdp-11/Professional/Pro-CPM/,
but although the image files are uncorrupted it appears the diskettes
were not read reliably in the first place.

And I also know that at some point the PC-Bridge software and doc set
was available on eBay
(https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/virtual-microsystems-pc-bridge-2-2005998357).

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the diskettes and/or
documentation?

Thanks.

--Bjoren Davis