VT340 Emulation

Zane Healy healyzh at avanthar.com
Fri Jun 25 09:43:06 CDT 2021

On Jun 25, 2021, at 6:07 AM, Paul Koning via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> A possible issue is that a lot of applications, including many Apple ones, don't offer an adequate selection of scaling options.  This is one of the very few places where Windows is better, in that it offers ways to scale the text to comfortably large sizes for old eyes.
>
> 	paul

I had an Intern run afoul of the text scaling on Windows a couple months ago.  When he started we thought they’d given him a laptop with some ridiculously low resolution, and he couldn’t run the main application we needed him working with in a usable fashion.  Finally I realized Windows was “zooming” it.  When an application needs to be able to display a certain number of “lines” of data to be usable, this sort of behavior isn’t exactly useful in such a case.

Zane