Early Programming Books

Lee Courtney leec2124 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 12:17:27 CDT 2021

"A Purdue professor had a 20-drawer card file of 1620 software. The fire
marshall insisted he had to get rid of it. I understand he gave it to
CHM. Is it still there?"

Yes. Catalog entry here:
https://www.computerhistory.org/collections/catalog/102710141

Many years (decades?) ago Dave Babcock and I read all the cards as part of
the original 1620 project at CHM. Thank God for Bitsavers.org because the
images of the software are available here:
http://bitsavers.org/bits/IBM/1620/

Enjoy!

Lee C.

The obvious question is why is this material not on-line

--
Lee Courtney
+1-650-704-3934 cell