Early Programming Books

Van Snyder van.snyder at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 23 01:46:13 CDT 2021

On Tue, 2021-06-22 at 19:45 -0400, Paul Koning via cctalk wrote:

> There's actually a surprising amount of preserved material....  Both
> in source form, and both run in emulation.

I re-created the Bendix G-15 Intercom 2000 from a manual. Not running,
of course, on a real G-15. Is there a G-15 emulator? CHM has a G-15,
but I understand it's not in operating order.

| The same goes for Multics

I think the 80286 was a better platform than the original for Multics.
And, of course, the Pentium is even better. Is Multics available for
Intel systems?

> For most of this the source code still exists, though I'm not sure
> about the 1620 bits.

A Purdue professor had a 20-drawer card file of 1620 software. The fire
marshall insisted he had to get rid of it. I understand he gave it to
CHM. Is it still there?