VT340 Emulation

Douglas Taylor dj.taylor4 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 18 14:50:42 CDT 2021

Right, according to the few notes I've seen on the packages currently
for sale on ebay.

I hesitate to buy because I picked up a similar piece of software,
Smarterm 240, which seemed to do the desired emulation.  It was old
software for DOS, but I have an old DOS machine I use for PUTR I thought
I could install it on and be up and running.  It didn't turn out that
way because Smarterm wanted a particular video card and driver (which I
didn't have, of course).  I didn't find that out until I got the package
open and tried installing it.

I don't know if the Reflection software has any restrictions like that.
The versions I see for sale are for Win3.1 and such, not exactly the
heyday of plug and play.  I was hoping to get some guidance from someone
who has used the Reflection software on what the actual
hardware/software requirements are.

On a side note, emulating a Tektronix 4010 is apparently free and high
quality (see github).  It is the DEC graphics terminals that no one has
produced an open source emulation software for, so that's why I am
asking this question.
Doug