Compaq Deskpro boards/hard drives from the late 1990s

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Mon Jul 26 13:12:17 CDT 2021

On 7/26/21 10:33 AM, Fred Cisin via cctalk wrote:

> I had several A-B-C-D DC37 switch boxes.  One for the multiple
> controller boards (Cordata, EiconScript, JRAM+?) for my Cordata (CX
> engine) laser printer; and a few for machines where I had multiple
> external floppy drives.

On more recent systems (right up to P4) that support only a single
floppy or two, I constructed an "interposer" in the floppy drive cable
that involves a DC37F connector and bracket, with a DPDT toggle switch
that switches the motor and drive select lines of either the A: or B:
drive to the external connector.

I've got lots of external drive boxes, all with DC37M-terminated cables.
 Just grab the drive you need, plug it in and throw the switch.

Surprisingly, quite a number of later motherboards with floppy support
do fine handling FM disks.

--Chuck