LCM Accounts?

Zane Healy healyzh at avanthar.com
Fri Jul 23 19:45:24 CDT 2021

On Jul 23, 2021, at 5:17 PM, Bill Gunshannon <bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/23/21 5:58 PM, Zane Healy wrote:

>>> What would you use it for if everything is shut down?
>>>
>>> bill
>> The systems aren’t shutdown, I was able to connect to it, I just can’t log on.  I never bothered to get accounts on any of the systems.
>> Zane
>
> Interesting.  The last time I tried to get to the LCM MineCraft Server
> it wasn't there and when I asked (here or somewhere similar, don't
> remember) I was told they had shut everything down when they laid off
> all their people.
>
> bill

I can’t speak for that, but the VAX 7000 is still online.  Someone is obviously paying the electric bills at a minimum, as that’s got to chew through some real power.  The XKL TOAD-2 is online as well (PDP-10 clone), and some of the emulated systems.

I finally found a link to the page to request accounts, on their Wiki, the page can’t be found.  I also discovered that a lot of the systems include GUEST accounts, the VAX isn’t one of them. :-(

https://wiki.livingcomputers.org/doku.php <https://wiki.livingcomputers.org/doku.php>

At least I don’t *need* access, I have my own VAXen.  I just wanted to check something.

Zane