What's left of the Houston Museum stuff

Zane Healy healyzh at avanthar.com
Fri Jul 23 16:56:31 CDT 2021

On Jul 23, 2021, at 12:56 PM, Al Kossow via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> On 7/23/21 12:48 PM, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:
>> On 7/23/21 12:43 PM, Lee Gleason via cctalk wrote:
>>> the prices were a bit higher than I was prepared to pay
>> the guy is a flipper, let him scrap the stuff before giving him a dime
>
> If you haven't figured this out already I am NOT happy with him using the
> word "MUSEUM" in any of this and the vibe it is generating that museums
> don't take care of artifacts.

Thanks for that explanation Al, it helps to understand where you’re coming from, and you bring up an excellent point.

Personally when I see “Museum” in this context, I don’t think of this as a museum not taking care of the artifacts, I look at this from the standpoint of the founder not taking the necessary steps when setting the Museum up to ensure its preservation after his death (or when the founder runs out of money).

Basically I think we each have our life experiences colouring our views in this matter.  At least the effort I was involved with was able to dispose of its assets to other non-profits.

Zane