core matt repair

Tom Hunter ccth6600 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 09:32:57 CDT 2021

Hi Jos,

Resoldered how?

The wires are _very_ thin (I guess 0.1 mm or thinner - think of human hair)
and they are covered with some form of high-temperature lacquer which you
would have to remove first. Also the dimensions of all this stuff is
_tiny_. There is just no space to poke anything in to solder a joint.
Your average fine tipped soldering iron would be ridiculously large to even
try.
I wonder if spot welding would work using the tip of a fine needle.
Of course before you can even attempt to repair a broken wire you have to
locate the break.

Best regards
Tom Hunter