Massbus - was: Re: VAX 11/750

P Gebhardt p.gebhardt at ymail.com
Wed Feb 24 04:50:29 CST 2021

 Am Mittwoch, 24. Februar 2021, 03:53:19 MEZ hat Chris Zach via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> Folgendes geschrieben:

>Wow, I've always wanted an 11/750. Not sure why, the small box size is
>impressive and all that. However it doesn't look like that one has a
>MASSBUS adapter so I will have to pass...
>
>And I just gave away a M7850 memory board :-)

I happen to have a massbus adapter and the cabling with terminator for my 11/750, but I never came across any massbus peripherals. Considering the price back then and the size for these, they seem nowadays quite rare, which is a real pity.
Anybody knows if there was conversion kit to equip CDC 9762 and 9766 type SMD drives into MASSBUS drives much like the TU81 could be turned into a TA81 (SDI)?

Cheers,
Pierre